Green party candidate Jill Stein has decided to launch a #Recount2016 campaign using the people and Twitter as her platform to fund an investigation into the polls in three swing states: Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania.
Although a spokeswoman for Jill Stein said the “campaign has not yet filed the official paperwork for the recounts and that the campaign requires $2 million to pay for the filing fees and the actual recount process.” Deadlines are looming with only days remaining. The deadlines are Friday in Wisconsin, Monday in Pennsylvania and Wednesday in Michigan.
Jill Stein launched the campaign citing hacks during the run for the White House, including voter and party database hacking and email accounts.
Although there was no evidence of voting fraud presented, Stein claims that some of the election machines used in Wisconsin “were banned in California because they were highly vulnerable to hacking and malicious reprogramming.”
“Reported hacks into voter and party databases and individual email accounts are causing many Americans to wonder if our election results are reliable,” said Stein in a statement on her website.
Last week election “security experts” were urging Hillary Clinton’s campaign to contest the results and investigate the swing states that Stein is now pushing for an audit of the election results.
Jill Stein wouldn’t benefit from an audit of the vote according to the New York Times, Stein received a measly 1.1% of the vote in Michigan and Wisconsin and 0.8% in Pennsylvania. So there is no chance in hell a recount could benefit her in any way shape or form, but it could potentially benefit Hillary Clinton. Jill Stein has previously attacked Clinton, saying Trump is a better choice than Hillary and that “Hillary would cause nuclear war.”
It seems the 2016 election insanity isn’t over yet. What will the results of the audit of the vote uncover on both sides? Because, it’s happening..
Federal judge John Primomo had some strong words in San Antonio for the immigrants he was swearing in to become U.S. citizens.
Judge Primomo was filmed at a citizenship ceremony saying that people “need” to leave the United States if they don’t like the fact the next president will be Donald Trump.
Primomo made the remark when he presided over the naturalization ceremony at the Institute of Texan Cultures in San Antonio, Texas, on Thursday.
The room at the Institute was a melting pot, a collection of hopeful faces now bound together under one flag. During the ceremony, the federal judge presiding over the ceremony talked about Donald Trump’s election.
“I can assure you that whether you voted for [Trump] or you did not vote for him, if you are a citizen of the United States, he is your president and he will be your president,” the judge said. “And if you do not like that, you need to go to another country.”
The federal judge also told that he did not vote for the Republican and former reality show star.
The judge reportedly also went on to criticize professional football players who refuse to stand for the national anthem, saying, “I detest that, because you can protest things that happen in this country; you have every right to…You don’t do that by offending national symbols like the national anthem and the flag of the United States.”
Asked later about his comments in San Antonio, U.S. District Judge John Primomo said he meant the words to be unifying and respectful of the office of president, not political.
Protests have flared nationwide repudiating Trump’s victory in the presidential election. At one rally at American University in Washington, D.C., students burned U.S. flags and shouted “[Expletive] white America!”
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 1989 that the desecration of the American flag is “symbolic speech” protected under the First Amendment. The decision originated from a case in Dallas, where a man burned a U.S. flag outside the 1984 Republican National Convention to protest then-President Ronald Reagan.
Still, his words set off a controversy in pro-Hillary mainstream media, with people calling for him to be removed from office. Critics started a petition to censure the judge, who was appointed in 1988.
Primomo himself is the son of immigrants from Italy and Germany, according to a profile of the judge published two years ago in the San Antonio Express-News.
The U.S. magistrate judge has administered the citizenship oath to more than 93,000 immigrants since 1989. Many of those new Americans wait in line to get their photo taken with Primomo after they take the oath. He told the Express-News in 2014 that there’s no extra pay involved in presiding over the ceremonies.
“I know it never gets old,” Primomo told the newspaper. “I mean, every time I pronounce that ‘You’re a citizen of the United States’ — which, that’s not really a requirement, it’s just kind of a little emphasis I like to add to it — I get a chill every single time.”
Primomo’s remarks make more sense in context. Last week, President Obama actuallysupported anti-Trump riots and urged protesters not to be silent.
Alice Donovan is an independent writer, blogger, meme maker and activist who has been published in different alternative media outlets including Veterans Today and CounterPunch. She now works as a freelance journalist for WeAreChange.org.
Last week we told you about the hunger strike of Martin Gottesfeld, activist and alleged Anonymous hacker who has been accused of orchestrating an attack on the Boston Children’s Hospital’s website after he uploaded a YouTube Anonymous press video in support of Justina Pelletier. An update on Martin Gottesfeld’s situation – Marty is now refusing fluids and is being prevented from seeking medical attention at a hospital for the pain in his kidneys by Carmen Ortiz’s office.
In a video uploaded to Youtube, Marty pleads to the public that if something happens to him the people preventing him from receiving care, “Ortiz, the Department of Justice, The U.S. marshals and the Donald W. I detention facility,” will be responsible.
Although people are preventing him from seeking medical attention, it can’t be ignored that Marty brought this upon himself by refusing to eat and is now refusing fluids. A nurse told We Are Change if Marty continues with his hunger and fluid strike, he will more than likely have a cardiac event based on the fact that he has continued his strike for over a month. Marty released the following statement:
“I’m caving to pressure from Ortiz’s office and the Marshals Wyatt is still not taking me to the hospital despite the fact that my kidneys hurt. They appear to be waiting for a cardiac event despite the fact that detainees have died on route from here to the hospital before. If something should happen to me, the responsible parties will be – Carmen Ortiz’s office, U.S. marshals and the Donald WI. detention facility. I’m now being punished my communication has been unduly restricted I’m unable to call my attorneys and my wife on the same day. As I’m only allowed a single phone call. I’m locked in a small room 24 hours a day without no phone. They are penalizing for my hunger strike in an obvious attempt to break it.
The CO’s discussed food piteously within my hearing and [inaudible] the past 24 hours. And I’m currently talking from a telephone where I used to [inaudible] despite the excuse that this is too far away from [inaudible] to make more then one phone call or to sit and watch TV reasonable accommodations are not being made I belong in the hospital. This is going to eventually leave me no choice but to exercise vigorously in an attempt to force the move of injustices exercised by Carmen Ortiz office are truly breath-takin.
I am thankful that Rolling Stone, The Huffington Post and others are publishing the truth regarding what happen to Justina at the Boston children’s hospital. However, I now have a better understanding of why Aaron Swartz who Ortiz’s office publicly compared to a rapist took his own life. If anything does happen to me it will be the responsibility of Ortiz, the Department of Justice, The U.S. marshals and the Donald W. I detention facility” said, Martin Gottesfeld.
Marty has since been moved to another facility in NY and is in solitary confinement following his refusal for fluids and is on his 44th day of his hunger strike.
It’s not a criminal offense to upload and support a YouTube video if the claims that Marty participated in a DDoS attack are solely based upon speculation of a YouTube video announcing an Anonymous operation against the Boston Children’s Hospital for its abuse of Justina Pelletier. That is not culpability for reason of guilt.
The highly anticipated 2016 presidential election has finally come to an end.
After months of rigorous campaigning from both Trump and Clinton, Donald J. Trump has been officially declared President-elect of the United States.
However, as to be expected, the ‘tolerant liberals’ have taken to the streets to violently protest and riot against this victory. So triggered by the fact that their paradigm of censorship, a sugar coated reality and their wishes for the continuation of a status quo government have been shattered.
The phrase ‘Love Trumps Hate’ has become incredibly ironic, given that the almost all of the hatefulness and violence has been initiated by Hillary’s minions harassing and physically harming Trump supporters throughout this election cycle, and only increased in severity since the start of the Trump protests.
When interviewed by CNN, a protester alarmingly went so far as to state that “there will be casualties on both sides, there will be, because people have to die to make a change in this world.” Clearly inciting extreme violence and exemplifying the intolerance of the ‘progressive’ left for any diversity of opinion. It has also just been reported that on Saturday morning a man had been shot during an anti-Trump protest on Morrison Bridge in Portland. Luckily his injuries are not life-threatening.
Hillary Clinton lost the election, and with this, the Democrats’ dream of a society which panders to a politically correct agenda and suppresses freedom of speech has been diminished if not destroyed. The countless tactics and lies told about Trump and his supporters failed to manipulate voters. The people of America rightfully distrusted the mainstream media, their polls showed Trump could have never succeeded, yet here we are, with Trump having won electoral votes by a clear margin.
In an article by The Washington Post on Thursday, Asra Q. Nomani, a female Muslim immigrant, explains why she voted for Trump, and rejected the lies told by the left to smear Trump’s name. Stating very accurately that we’re seeing a “liberal honor brigade” that is “shutting up and silencing people who disagree,” Nomani also stated that “the liberals and the left have really betrayed America” when it comes to addressing real and prominent issues.
As the results began to come in from each state, it became more and more evident that a Trump presidency was likely. States like Pennsylvania, with a history of voting Democrat, went Republican. Like we’ve seen with Brexit, this momentous victory for Trump marks a populist uprising against a system run by corrupt career politicians who have provided nothing for the citizens of America for so long. The American people have taken a stance against transgressing into a society of cultural Marxism pushed by the left, rejected a politically correct narrative, and elected Donald J Trump to be the 45th President of the United States.
Their aim is to plead with members of the US Electoral College to change their vote. They argue that “Hillary won the popular vote. The only reason Trump ‘won’ is because of the Electoral College.”
However, that’s not how democracy works. In the 2000 election when Al Gore won the popular vote, but lost the Electoral College vote to Republican George W. Bush, the results did not change, and Gore was not elected President. It didn’t work that way then, and it won’t work this way now.
Donald Trump won the election fair and square. 290 electoral votes for Trump, 228 for Clinton. While the petition cites that Clinton won the popular votes, it is important to note that she only won it by about 0.1 percent. With 46.9% of Americans not even voting.
But this doesn’t stop passionate Clinton supporters from trying to override the democratic system, as is evident from the fact that this petition has over 3.5 million, from the goal of 4.5 million, signatures.
The Electoral College is part of the Constitution and it is composed of 538 members. Each state, and the District of Columbia, has one member for every senator or House lawmaker. The members don’t formally cast their votes until December 19, and because of this, Clinton supporters are making a last ditch attempt to try and steal the presidency from Trump. By trying to get electorates to vote against the nominee who gained the most votes in their state.
The creator of this petition, Elijah Berg, says that not all states require their electorate to vote for the Presidential candidate who won the most votes in that state. Regarding the states that do have this requirement, they argue that “Even in states where that is not allowed, their vote would still be counted, they would simply pay a small fine – which we can be sure Clinton supporters will be glad to pay!”
I’m not sure what this person’s idea of a “small fine” is, but the fine which an electorate would have to pay if they vote against their state regulations is between $500-$3000.
The creator also states that “The Electoral College can actually give the White House to either candidate. So why not use this most undemocratic of our institutions to ensure a democratic result?” But by blatantly stating that undemocratic means should be used to ensure a “democratic result” you bypass and go against the very foundations of a fair democracy.
This petition is highly unlikely to change the results of this presidential election. Trump won by a clear lead in electoral votes, and 37 electorates would have to vote against Trump to make him lose the majority, which just isn’t going to happen. And perhaps most importantly, Hillary Clinton has conceded the election and has acknowledged Donald Trump as the winner. So rest assure, the wicked witch of the west will almost certainly not be put in power.
One man was shot and injured at an anti-Trump protest in Portland, Oregon, early Saturday, marking a new climax to the string of protests that have occurred across the nation since the results of the presidential race were announced.
The victim in the shooting, who police have not identified, was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. He was shot on the Morrison Bridge during the fourth round of Anti-Trump Protest in Portland.
The protest began early Friday morning, before coming to a violent and ferocious end early Saturday morning when the man was shot. Protesters had marched throughout the city during the night, where police, prepared in suitable riot gear, resulted to using tear gas and flash-bang grenades to clear areas during conflict. In this video taken after the incident, police ask for witnesses with any information about the event, that could lead to identifying and arresting the perpetrator.
Shawna Hall, a local resident who witnessed the events leading up to, and the shooting itself, stated to police that there was confrontation between protesters and vehicle occupants. The gunman exited the car, walking to the bridge, while another passenger lead the gunman back into the car. After traveling again for a short while over the bridge, the vehicle was said to have been halted again by yelling protesters disrupting the passengers.
Hall said all the car’s occupants subsequently left the vehicle and had a verbal exchange with the protesters, before one passenger, who wasn’t the gunman, engaged in a small physical confrontation. She said that during this time the gunman shot multiple times in the air, and then shot the victim. As six—what we presume to be gunshot sounds—can be heard in this video. Another demonstrator has said that the victim was shot in the leg.
The police have reiterated and confirmed this information, stating that they believe the incidents to have taken place in the same way that the witnesses have recalled. Luckily, a protest medic was quickly on the scene to tend to the man, while others tried to keep protesters from nearing. Police arrived swiftly to clear the bridge, consequently setting off a flash-bang grenade.
Police have described the shooter as being 5-foot-8 and in his late teens. They said he had a thin build and was wearing a dark hoodie with blue jeans. Police have stated he fled the scene, most probably in a gray or silver sedan, following the incident.
If you have any additional information regarding this incident, police have requested that you call the police bureau’s non-emergency line, 503-823-3333.