Collateral damage: Yemeni man loses 27 family members in 1 Saudi airstrike

28.si

(RT)A man hosting guests for his daughter’s marriage proposal lost all 27 members of his family, including 17 children, in the deadliest case of Saudi-led airstrikes killing civilians in Yemen, according to Human Rights Watch (HRW).

Walid Al-Ibbi lost his wife, his father, four daughters and 21 other family members, as Saudi Arabia-led strikes hit his house in Yemen’s northern city of Saada, known as a Houthi stronghold. Overall 17 children were killed that night, one of which was just a one-month-old infant.

In the interview, he describes the fatal night of May 5 that completely changed his life forever, when all the people closest to him were taken away.

“On that night someone came to ask for my daughter’s hand in marriage,” Ibbi told HRW researcher. But the happy occasion turned into a nightmare: “I didn’t even have to time to be happy for my daughter before the strike happened.”
Ibbi described the tragedy in a HRW video released this week. In the clip, the human rights organization discusses the major civilian suffering caused by the Saudi Arabia-led air campaign.

The organization says these strikes killed 59 people between April 6 and May 11, all of which were reportedly civilians, including at least 35 children.

The video is part of the evidence compiled by the HRW for a 47-page report revealing the “unlawful” killing of civilians in Yemen. The report is based on interviews with 28 victims and witnesses and on-site investigations.

Read more
Yemen carnage: ‘Stop arming Saudi Arabian regime,’ CAAT tells UK govt

“The coalition’s aerial bombing of Saada killed dozens of civilians, devastating entire families,” Middle East and North Africa director at Human Rights Watch, Sarah Leah Whitson, said in a statement. “These attacks appear to be serious laws-of-war violations that need to be properly investigated.”

Saada’s deputy governor told Middle East Eye back in May that the goal of the airstrikes was to starve Houthi-occupied areas. “Their campaign is basically to starve the province, cut off fuel and food by bombing oil tankers and food trucks heading to Saada.”

Tensions in Yemen re-emerged when Shia President Saleh was deposed in 2012. His Shia Houthi supporters, reportedly aided by Iran, seized the capital city of Saana in September of last year, sending the current Sunni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi into exile. Houthi forces then advanced from Saada towards the south, seizing large parts of Yemen.

In late March, a Saudi Arabian-led coalition responded with airstrikes. However, there has not been any significant progress, as Yemen’s army units, which are loyal to the country’s ex-president and Houthi ally Ali Abdullah Saleh, are putting up a stiff fight.

 

 

http://rt.com/news/271420-yemen-man-loses-family/

WhatsApp messages show Israeli soldiers knew they were about to kill a child

whatsapp
Source: Electronic Intifada

In March 2014, Israeli soldiers were ordered to use live ammunition to ambush three Palestinian teens in the southern region of the occupied West Bank, according to an investigation by the Israeli rights group B’Tselem.

Yousef al-Shawamreh, 14, was fatally shot in the back and hip as he and two friends attempted to cross Israel’s wall inside the West Bank from their village of Deir al-Asal al-Fawqa on the morning of 19 March. (more…)

Declassified docs: Hillary aided rise of ISIS

Hillary Clinton testifying on the Benghazi attack

Hillary Clinton testifying on the Benghazi attack

Source: WND

[Two WRC videos compliment this story rather well, they are at the end of this article if you wish to know more about Hillary’s crimes and the origin of ISIS]

More than 100 pages of previously classified Department of Defense and Department of State documents implicate the Obama administration in a cover-up to obscure the role Hillary Clinton and the State Department played in the rise of ISIS.

The documents were obtained in a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit filed by the Washington watchdog Judicial Watch.

They confirm WND reporting over the past three years of evidence that U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens was involved in shipping weapons from Benghazi to support the al-Qaida-affiliated militias fighting the Bashar al-Assad regime in Syria, effectively arming the Sunni jihadists who morphed into ISIS. (more…)

Surprise – Pilots Frustrated At White House For Ineffective Air Campaign Against ISIS

379681_FA-18-jets1
Source: BizPac Review

[Is the White House really telling the truth here? After all, they are basically CREATING ISIS – why would they want to destroy them? Follow the end of this article for the bountiful evidence WRC has put together.]

Frustrated American pilots and retired generals are striking out at the Obama Pentagon’s restrictive rules of engagement and White House micromanagement they say are crippling the war against Islamic State terrorists before it even gets off the ground.

“There were times I had groups of ISIS fighters in my sights, but couldn’t get clearance to engage,” one F-18 Navy pilot told Fox News. (more…)

Obama ordered CIA to train ISIS jihadists: Declassified documents

ObamaNet
Source: The Examiner

[At the end of this article is a WRC video proving the US is funding ISIS]

U.S. intelligence documents released to a government watchdog confirms the suspicions that the United States and some of its so-called coalition partners had actually facilitated the rise of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) as an effective adversary against the government of the Syrian dictator President Bashar al-Assad. In addition, ISIS members were initially trained by members and contractors of the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) at facilities in Jordan in 2012. The original goal was to weaken the Syrian government which had engaged in war crimes against their own people, according to a number of reports on Sunday. (more…)

Pin It on Pinterest

Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.