“The Young Turks” host Cenk Uygur was removed from a flight by American Airlines after he recorded the airline stranding passengers for hours.
American Airlines kicked a well-known reporter off a flight after he complained about it being delayed while live streaming inside a terminal at Los Angeles International Airport Saturday.
Cenk Uygur, who hosts the liberal-leaning Young Turks online news show, was told the “captain didn’t feel comfortable” with him getting on the flight.
He was escorted away by a police officer, whom he said apologized to him for having to remove him.
But it was only after he posted his initial video to YouTube where it went viral that he was informed by American Airlines that he had been removed from the flight for video recording.
Turns out, American Airlines introduced a policy in December 2014 forbidding passengers from video recording its employees on planes and inside terminals, including ticket counters, which obviously includes an customer service interactions.
The policy came in place after several instances on other airlines where passengers uploaded videos of interactions with rude employees, sparking national embarrassment for the airline.
So American Airlines figured it would save itself that embarrassment by removing Uygur for recording during a four-hour delay for a flight from Los Angeles to Miami.
But that plan may have just backfired on them as they did not appear to be aware of his online clout, which resulted in dozens of readers contacting the airline to complain about his removal.
Management at @AmericanAir just kicked me off a flight to Miami because I complained the flight was delayed for 4 hours. Never got on plane.
Meanwhile, the Transportation Security Administration has long allowed videography at security checkpoints, even though screeners many times like to pretend otherwise.
Uygur ended up having to switch to JetBlue to make his flight to Florida, apparently flying into Fort Lauderdale because JetBlue does not fly into Miami International Airport, which was his original destination.
“Hey Guys- Guess what Just Happened” TYT host Cenk Uygur says in the video Below
“They Kicked me off the Plane.”
Here We Go Again Folks Back at it at LAX
According to Cenk Uygur it all started over him video taping a disturbance a another young man who they would not let board the plane.
After he boarded, he says a supervisor and cops removed him because the captain didn’t feel comfortable with him on board.
Never a quitter … Cenk was back at LAX Saturday morning to find another flight to Miami.
Danny F. Quest, is an artist, blogger, journalist, and media personality. Co. Founder of TheTruther.us and author of “120 characters or less’ the guide to winning a debate in the digital age”. Danny now works as a Freelance journalist and graphic designer for WeAreChange.org. Danny’s next big project is “30 days in Gaza” a documentary bringing light to the current conditions of the Palestinian people living under Israeli occupation.
What in the world would the FBI want with me? First of all, at 4:56 pm today they called me at my mother’s home while I was there, so I was able to speak with them. Then, I was told that the four men indicated in the story below, that broke in the metro Atlanta news today, had listed me as a target for assassination.
Let me be clear: I am not afraid of these men listed below. I do, however, have concerns about the activities of the FBI that had on its payroll a so-called radio “shock jock” who announced to his listenership in 2006 that I should be lynched on my way to vote. Only in 2009 did I find out that he was on the FBI payroll at the time of his incendiary remarks because that was his defense in another case where Mr. Turner made similarly incendiary remarks, but against White elected officials so he was prosecuted! The Connecticut State Capitol Police initiated the prosecution:
“Mr. Turner’s comments are above and beyond the threshold of free speech”, Capitol Police Chief Michael J. Fallon said in an e-mail announcing the warrant. “He is inciting others through his website to commit acts of violence and has created fear and alarm. He should be held accountable for his conduct”. (1)
Sadly, the U.S. Capitol Hill Police, lumbering under the weight of several lawsuits filed by its own Black police officers, could never think of protecting me even after a direct threat had been made against me. My untold story is that I struggled in the Congress with mean-spirited threats all of the time. Nasty name calling, racial slurs, even stalking and bomb threats. I tried to deal with it as best I could and with grace.
So now, the government agency that was paying the shock jock to threaten me rings to inform me that I now qualify for victim witness services.
I don’t know what political reaction they expect from me. I do have an idea, but they surely won’t get it. Recently, I have been reaching out to conservative White individuals and organizations for dialogue and I will continue to do so. The people I’ve been reaching out to are hearing my message and it is getting through: if you and I fail to talk about our problems, we will never resolve them and the same old culprits who have skillfully divided us on the false basis of race will continue to steal opportunity from both of us. Let’s at least talk to each other and keep our eyes together on the ones stealing the people blind.
I will continue my political activities with the Bertrand Russell Tribunal on Palestine that just this past weekend announced its findings that from witness testimony from Israel and Palestine, it is clear that Israel practices its own unique form of apartheid.
I will continue to oppose the senseless, inane, immoral, illegal wars of the Obama Administration.
I will continue to pursue war crimes prosecutions against war criminals and that includes former Presidents and Prime Ministers.
I will continue to seek understanding with my fellow Americans so that we can oppose the madness that is now running our country that, unfortunately, is running roughshod over the environment and our world.
Wayne Madsen (waynemadsenreport.com) will carry a complete story on this intriguing phone call tomorrow–please check it out. In addition, please post this message everywhere so that the appropriate people will know that I will not be deterred from opening a necessary line of communication with other members of the 99% and I will not stop my activities for truth, justice, peace, and dignity.
Finally, for those of you who are new to my e-list messages, I’d love to have your permission to add you to my e-list and we can communicate all of the time. Let me hear from you that you’d like to be on my list and I’ll add you.
The assassination of U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder and former U.S. Rep. Cynthia McKinney was part of the terrorist plot hatched by four North Georgia men, federal prosecutors said Wednesday in a bond hearing for the accused.
Richard MillerFrom left, Frederick Thomas, his attorney Jeffrey Ertl, attorney Michael Trost, Dan Roberts, Samuel Crump and an unidentified attorney attend a bond hearing for four North Georgia men accused of planning terrorist acts at the U.S. District Court in Gainesville.
The four men accused of planning to bomb federal buildings, disperse the toxin ricin in major U.S. cities, and assassinate federal judges and prosecutors pleaded not guilty at the hearing in U.S. District Court in Gainesville.
The alleged leader, Frederick W. Thomas, 73, of Cleveland, and Dan Roberts, 67, of Toccoa, are charged with conspiring to buy explosives and possessing an unregistered silencer. Toccoa men Samuel J. Crump, 68, and Ray H. Adams, 55, face charges of conspiring to make and disperse ricin, according to the federal indictment.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Robert McBurney said law enforcement officers seized 52 weapons and 30,000 rounds of ammunition from Thomas’ home. The weapons included assault rifles, shotguns, pistols with extended magazines and revolvers, and “sniper round” bullets and “sub-sonic” ammunition designed to be used with silencers, he said. McBurney did not say where the guns and ammunition were kept in the home.
But defense attorney Jeff Ertel countered that Thomas is an avid gun collector and hunter. He said all of the weapons were legally owned, a point McBurney conceded. Ertel said his client has 30 years of Naval service, is loyal to his country, and is not a threat.
“It’s not an arsenal put together to assassinate people. It’s a gun collection he had,” said Ertel, who called Thomas’ son, Paul Thomas, to testify about their father and son hunting trips.
McBurney noted that Thomas’ arsenal included weapons used in military activities, not designed for hunting.
“You don’t hunt with a bomb,” McBurney said. “You don’t put a silencer on a gun to shoot a deer.”
After hearing nearly two hours of testimony regarding whether Thomas should be granted bond, U.S. Magistrate Judge Susan Cole adjourned the proceeding without making a decision or hearing about the other defendants.
Testimony for the remaining defendants will be heard Tuesday. The hearing will decide whether the men will remain in jail until they are tried. Testimony for Crump and Adams will focus more on the accusation that the group planned to manufacture ricin as a weapon of mass destruction. The men hoped to spur a revolution that would restore, in their eyes, a more Constitutional government, according to federal affidavits.
Ertel called Thomas’ wife, Charlotte, to testify about his frail health, which includes emphysema, diabetes, degenerative spine disease and shoulder problems, she said.
Charlotte Thomas said her husband is unable to hang a picture on a wall. At times during the proceeding, Thomas appeared to have labored breathing and puffed on an inhaler. His wife also delivered his hearing aids to him.
Charlotte Thomas said she’s never heard her husband talk about hurting anyone.
He loves his country,” she said. “He’s the most patriotic man I’ve ever met.”
Ertel also raised questions about the confidential informant who recorded the group’s conservations for the FBI. He said the informant was charged with child molestation in South Carolina shortly before he began recording the group’s meetings.
McBurney told Judge Cole that the men’s age should not be considered in the decision to grant bond. He also said this is not a case of men just talking fantasy, but rather they had taken actions to realize their plan of destruction. Those steps included casing federal buildings in Atlanta, stock-piling weapons and purchasing the illegal silencer and what the men thought were explosives from an undercover federal agent.
It was the final step that resulted in Thomas’ arrest, he said.
“Age is not a barrier to the crimes these defendants are charged with,” McBurney said. “He can pull a trigger as well as you and I can.”
Join Our own Howard Nema with We Are Change CT live worldwide at NFORMDRADIO A truth talk call in radio show, “Where news the controlled mainstream media ignores is the top story and YOUR voice is heard!
NFormd Radio runs 24-7!!! With all the Variety and different host’s views, you are -controversial-sure to find one if not all shows that fit who you are. Our hosts will bring you the most in depth, controversial and latest information on what is Really going on.All of the shows times run on est time zone.
Robbie and Abby Martin host this edition of Media Roots Radio and cover news about the Libyan bombing, Obama’s newest White House pick, nuclear energy, peak resources, religious environmentalism and the political hijacking of the “green” movement.
The above timeline is interactive. Scroll through it to find out more about the show’s music and to resources mentioned during the broadcast. To see a larger version of the timeline with clickable resources go to the soundcloud link below the player. If you would like to directly download the podcast click the down arrow icon on the right of the soundcloud display.