Going by the official narrative, which says that the two prime suspects announced by French police, Cherif and Said Kouachi, were responsible for Wednesday’s attack, it seems as if the two ‘terrorists’ were being closely monitored and tracked by both French and US security services prior to the event…
The Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) mouthpiece, Foreign Policy Magazine admitted as much on Thursday, stating:“French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Thursday that the suspects were “probably followed” prior to the shooting and that there apparently was no sign of an impending attack, according to Le Figaro. Indeed, both Cherif Kouachi, 32, and Said Kouachi, 34, were previously known to the authorities. Cherif was convicted by a French court in 2008 of trying to travel to Iraq to fight in that country’s insurgent movement. Both brothers were named in a 2010 case in connection with a plot to spring an imprisoned Islamist from jail, according to the BBC. Because of a lack of evidence, neither brother was prosecuted.”
“According to CNN, citing an unnamed U.S. official, French intelligence has told their American counterparts that Said Kouachi traveled to Yemen in 2011 “on behalf of the al Qaeda affiliate there” and received weapons training from al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.”
“According to Yahoo News and reports in other American outlets, both brothers were viewed by American security officials as sufficiently serious threats to be placed on a no-fly list preventing them from traveling on commercial aircraft bound for and leaving the United States.”
One of the brothers is also said by authorities to have served prison time in France on terrorism charges.
US media are currently coalescing around a new set of talking points to confront this embarrassing aspect of the story, with the new talking point being, “It’s impossible to keep track of all of these radicalized individuals, and more resources are needed to prevent attacks like this”, which is being streamlined across all major media outlets today.