The fake Donald Trump “golden shower” dossier, which was believed to have been created by 4chan, has taken another turn, and reports now indicate that its author received funding for the report from failed Republican candidate Jeb Bush.
— Tim Young (@TimRunsHisMouth) January 12, 2017
Former MI6 officer Christopher Steele was first reported to have been working for Bush, and later reported to have been working for the Democrats, according to SkyTVNews.
An insider at BBC said that Steele was paid for by Bush to get more money out of Donald Trump. Additionally, the BBC reported that a super PAC supporting Bush’s campaign commissioned the report from the D.C. firm FusionGPS.
However, Mike Murphy and Charles Spies of the Right to Rise super PAC, which sponsored Bush’s campaign, told the Daily Caller that their “organization had nothing to do with the dossier.” They also insisted that the report was not financed by Bush or any of his donors.
According to The Telegraph, Christopher Steele spoke to officials in London before handing the document to the FBI and met one of its agents, but they did not follow up on the report.
Steel then later met with Sen. John McCain after a former diplomat who had seen the documents told Mccain about them, according to The Guardian.
Steele, 52, was a former MI6 agent and FBI asset. He now currently runs a London-based intelligence firm called Orbis.
It is not known if Orbis helped in the creating of the fake report or if Steele acted on his own accord but the businesses website says that they “provide strategic advice, mount intelligence-gathering operations and conduct complex, often cross-border investigations.”
The firm, started in 2009, says it “draws on extensive experience at boardroom level in government, multilateral diplomacy and international business to develop bespoke solutions for clients.”
“Our tailored approach means the directors are closely involved in the execution and detail of every project, supported by an in-house team of experienced investigators and professional intelligence analysts,” the firm stated.
Like the CIA, MI6’s counterpart, both agencies have had known operations to manipulate the media by placing false reports in the press.
In the U.S., it was codenamed Operation Mockingbird and in the UK it was called Operation Mass Appeal. One happened in the 1950s – 70s. The latter happened in the early 2000s to manipulate the public’s perception into the Iraq war.
President-elect Donald Trump responded by calling Steele a “failed spy.” Britain is now weaved into the anti-Russian spider web.
The Russian embassy in London, which has now become famous for trolling, used its official Twitter account to say that the briefing was both ways against the future U.S. president Trump and Russia.
Christopher Steele story: MI6 officers are never ex: briefing both ways – against Russia and US President pic.twitter.com/tJwLtLZs24
— Russian Embassy, UK (@RussianEmbassy) January 12, 2017
A former British ambassador to Russia, Sir Tony Brenton described the dossier as “pretty shaky.”
“For example, it claims that the Russians began to cultivate Donald Trump five years ago,” Brenton said. “If they did that they showed remarkable prescience because at the time he had nothing to do with American politics.”
Russian President Putin’s spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that the reports were “complete fabrication and utter nonsense” and the Russian government “does not engage in collecting compromising material.”
Steele is now currently in hiding and fears for his life, according to his neighbors.
An unknown source told the mirror that Steele is under protection:
“Once his name came out the view was that he could be under threat so steps are being taken to protect him and put him in a more secure environment. The safest place for him is in Britain but it’s highly probable that MI6 will want to distance themselves from this as it was done commercially. He will likely plug into a well-established network of contacts and disappear for a while to a safe place or safe house with friends or contacts. Any protection will almost certainly be a police matter in terms of security but it is possible MI5 may be consulted about whether there is a threat to him here from Russia. Russia does have a history of exporting violence against people who act against its interests as we saw with former Russian spy Alexander Litvinenko.”
After Christopher Steele’s name was published by the Wall Street Journal, the British media received a “D-Notice,” or gag order from Andrew Vallance, the Air Vice-Marshal of the Defence and Security Media Secretariat, according to The Register.
US media names ex-MI6 agent as source of the CNN/BuzzFeed dossier on Trump. UK media gets a D-Notice… pic.twitter.com/2CqB6KNupg
— The Register (@TheRegister) January 11, 2017
Former British Ambassador to Uzbekistan, Craig Murray stated six key points of the fake report and what should be noted is that the this failed spy was trying to sell the U.S. and the world on the fact that Russia hacked the U.S. elections an accusation that still has not turned up any evidence and it seems like this obvious forged report was going to be the evidence if it wasn’t exposed:
“1) Vladimir Putin had a five year (later stated as eight year) plan to run Donald Trump as a “Manchurian candidate” for President and Trump was an active and knowing partner in Putin’s scheme.
2) Hillary Clinton is so stupid and unaware that she held compromising conversations over telephone lines whilst in Russia itself.
3) Trump’s lawyer/adviser Mr Cohen was so stupid he held meetings in Prague with the hacker/groups themselves in person to arrange payment, along with senior officials of the Russian security services. The NSA, CIA and FBI are so incompetent they did not monitor this meeting, and somehow the NSA failed to pick up on the electronic and telephone communications involved in organising it. Therefore Mr Cohen was never questioned over this alleged and improbable serious criminal activity.
4) A private company had minute by minute intelligence on the Manchurian Candidate scheme and all the indictable illegal activity that was going on, which the CIA/NSA/GCHQ/MI6 did not have, despite their specific tasking and enormous technical, staff and financial resources amounting between them to over 150,000 staff and the availability of hundreds of billons of dollars to do nothing but this.
5) A private western company is able to run a state level intelligence operation in Russia for years, continually interviewing senior security sources and people personally close to Putin, without being caught by the Russian security services – despite the fact the latter are brilliant enough to install a Manchurian candidate as President of the USA. This private western company can for example secretly interview staff in top Moscow hotels – which they themselves say are Russian security service controlled – without the staff being too scared to speak to them or ending up dead. They can continually pump Putin’s friends for information and get it.
6) Donald Trump’s real interest is his vast financial commitment in China, and he has little investment in Russia, according to the reports. Yet he spent the entire election campaign advocating closer ties with Russia and demonising and antagonising China.”