6756fe5beba543ef252da56c2c4595d98ad5131c

(YahooHealth)Devon Staples died on Saturday night in Calais, Maine, after holding a firework to his head as a joke. (Photo: Facebook/Devon Staples)

The parents of a 22-year-old who was killed after a live firecracker exploded on his head are calling for stricter fireworks regulations.

Russ Staples tells the Bangor Daily News that his son Devon had been holding a fireworks mortar tube on his head as a joke, thinking that it was a dud and couldn’t ignite. A spark somehow ignited the firework, killing Devon at a house party in Maine on the 4th of July.

Fireworks retailers are “just supplying people with bombs. That doesn’t make sense to me,” Staples told the newspaper.

His wife Kathleen Staples agrees, adding that there should be a training licensing program for the handling of fireworks, similar to the training for using motor vehicles.


OH YEAH, since we are not corporate or government owned help us out here.

YOU CAN ALSO SUPPORT US ON

We gratefully accept Crypto Coins

Dash – XiZebHViTKxjngJ8U8Gekbz34XDcMjKe29
Bitcoin – 1F6oeUnhXfr5UMC95apbJg7CLjm3BUrT8V
ETH – 0x9124589c4eAD555F04a7214214c86EA80E129abB

FOLLOW WEARECHANGE ON SOCIAL MEDIA

WEARECHANGE MERCHANDISE

https://wearechange.org/store

https://teespring.com/stores/wearechange/